- At Rover Oaks your pet's health and safety is our #1 concern. Prior to a pet's arrival, Rover Oaks Pet Resort must have a formal vaccination record from a licensed veterinarian indicating that your pet is up-to-date on the following vaccinations:
Both H3N2 & H3N8 Strains of Canine Influenza*
*The first vaccine must be given at least 10 days prior to an arrival at Rover Oaks Pet Resort
RV (rabies): Annual or 3-year, based on specific documentation by veterinarian.
RCP (respiratory-distemper): Annual after initial kitten series. Every 3 years thereafter.
Feline Leukemia: strongly recommended
- Where to send vaccination records?
Rover Oaks Houston: email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax (713) 662-2219
Rover Oaks Katy: email email@example.com or fax (281) 693-7688
- General Health: All pets must be in good general health to visit Rover Oaks Pet Resort. Rover Oaks will not accept diabetic pets, pets exhibiting signs of serious illness, pets with contagious viruses or parasites, or any pet we feel may need veterinary care or supervision. Rover Oaks is not staffed for skilled veterinary care; and Rover Oaks may not be able to handle geriatric pets or other pets needing significant or special care. For their own safety, Rover Oaks will not accept pets in heat.
- Doggie Daycare or Group Play Participation: Prior to participating in group play or Doggie Daycare, pets must be spayed or neutered and pass a social evaluation. Approved pets may have social privileges suspended if their behavior changes and they become aggressive or dominant. For more information about the Doggie Daycare program, click here.
- Parasites: All pets will be checked thoroughly for fleas and ticks. If any are found, that pet will be treated immediately, at the owner’s expense, before being allowed to enter the lodging area.
- Behavioral Problems: Pets will not be accepted if they show signs of, or have a history of, aggressive behavior such as biting, snapping or lunging.
- Minimum Age: Pets under the age of 4 months will not be accepted for lodging, daycare or grooming.
- Cat Lodging: Cats over six months of age must be spayed or neutered before Lodging at Rover Oaks.
- Accommodations: Rover Oaks reserves the right to re-assign pets to different accommodations if they become destructive, overly aggressive or disruptive. Only large breed dogs or multiple pets from the same family may occupy a large Bunkhouse Suite (8x8). At Rover Oaks Houston, dogs must be at least 2 years of age to stay in a Luxury Suite. Exceptions can be made for special circumstances with prior approval from Pet Care Manager.
- Combining Non-Family Pets: For pet safety reasons, Rover Oaks does not allow pets from different families to stay in the same Luxury Suite, Bunkhouse Suite or Meow Manor condo. With the exception of our Doggie Daycare Program, we do not arrange for pets from different families to play together.
- Access to Lodging Facility: Rover Oaks is happy to provide facility tours to prospective clients at any time. However, in order to create a safe and low stress environment for our pet guests, Rover Oaks must limit general customer access to the lodging facility:
- On Arrival: Upon check-in at Rover Oaks, clients may request to see their pets’ sleeping accommodations
- Dogs: When pets arrive, we will immediately take them to an elimination yard where they can relieve themselves. During this time clients may request to see their dog’s accommodations while their pet is outside
- Cats: We will leave cats in their carriers while we show clients the kitty condos in Meow Manor.
- During Your Pet's Stay: Clients (or friends of clients) are not allowed to visit pets during their stay. However, we are happy to provide you with an update on how your pet is doing by calling or emailing our Pet Care Department.
- Medical Attention: Rover Oaks strives to provide a safe, stress-free facility for owners’ pets. However, some pets react differently to new environments and separation from their owners. There is even some risk that pets in the same family may engage in rough play and injure one another when staying together. In non-emergency situations (e.g., continued diarrhea, loss of appetite), we will contact the owner or owner’s designee to discuss the recommended protocol. For emergencies in which urgent care appears needed, we will transport the pet to our on-call veterinary clinic and then contact the owner. Please see our Pet Care Warranty program for a description of eligible veterinary expenses reimbursed by Rover Oaks.
- Deposits / Cancellation Policy: Rover Oaks requires a deposit equal to 2 nights of lodging in the selected accommodation during weekends and holiday periods. Customers who cancel within 14 days of their arrival date or do not show up for their reservation will forfeit this deposit. There is no penalty for cancelling or changing a reservation (subject to availability) as long as 14 days’ advance notice is provided. For any reduction in the length of a reservation impacting a major holiday (New Year’s Eve, Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Thanksgiving, or Christmas) within 14 days of the reservation start date, a penalty fee will be assessed equaling two nights of lodging or the number of nights being reduced, whichever is less. For non-peak periods, no deposit is required. Customers who repeatedly cancel reservations (with or without 14 days’ notice) may be required to provide a non-refundable deposit equal to 2 days of lodging for each future reservation.
- Damage Fee: Rover Oaks does not charge a damage deposit for pets staying in the luxury suites. However, should any damage occur in our luxury suites, we will charge a modest fee to cover repairs.
- Customer Service Hours: Click here to see our hours of operation.
- Personal Items: Please mark all items clearly with your pet’s name. We cannot be responsible for any item left with your pet.
- Treats/Food: We accept most foods and treats. We prefer your pet’s food to be placed in disposable zip-lock bags. We do not accept any rawhide products, greenies, or items that may present a risk to your pet while lodging. Such items will be stored until you pick up your pet. Personal food bowls and water bowls will not be accepted.
- Medications: We can administer oral or topical medications for your pet, but not injections. Prescription medications should be provided in their respective prescription containers, along with clear written directions. Medications must be kept separate from foods.
- Bedding: Blankets and similar bedding are allowed. Beds or stuffed bedding that cannot be laundered using our equipment at Rover Oaks is discouraged.
- Crates: We do not allow dog crates to be placed in the pets’ enclosures. Our staff must be able to easily observe and monitor pet health and behavior constantly throughout each day
- Toys: Maximum of 3 toys per pet. Please understand that there is a possible risk of misplacing these items due to our daily sanitizing procedures
- Leash Policy: For the safety of our clients and their pets, all dogs must be on leash and under control anywhere on Rover Oaks property where the public has access. Likewise, all cats must be in carriers when dropping them off or picking them up.
- Hurricane Preparation and Evacuation Policy >> Read More
- Grooming Safety Policy: Prior to entering Rover Oaks' grooming facilities, pets have the following up-to-date vaccinations: Bordetella, Distemper, Rabies and both H3N2 and H3N8 stains of Canine Influenza. You may email their vaccination records to firstname.lastname@example.org for Rover Oaks Houston and email@example.com for Rover Oaks Katy. You will advise Rover Oaks of allergies, sensitivities, or any pre-existing medical conditions so that we may avoid aggravating them during grooming or bathing. Some dogs are extremely sensitive to certain grooming procedures such as nail trimming and/or ear cleaning that are necessary for the well-being of the pet. We will not continue any grooming procedure that causes pain or discomfort. Sometimes, for a more sensitive dog, these services are best left to a veterinarian. If fleas are found on your pet, Rover Oaks will administer a hypoallergenic flea bath and Capstar to eradicate fleas in order to maintain salon sanitation. This is at Rover Oaks' discretion and at the client’s expense. Matting of a dog's coat is extremely painful and potentially dangerous to their health. Please advise Rover Oaks of any matting on your pet before they are left at the facility for grooming. If mats are found on your pet, they must be addressed before we can proceed with your pet's appointment. Depending on the severity of matting, groomer can attempt to de-mat or shave down the pet at an additional cost. Our groomers/stylists are trained professionals. We reserve the right to alter or cease any groom in the event that our staff determines it is in your pet’s best interest, or if your pet displays aggressive behavior. Some pets may become uncomfortable and/or scared during grooming and may attempt to bite our groomer/stylist. In that event, we will notify you at our discretion and either add a handling fee or cease the groom if deemed necessary. If it is necessary for the safety of the pet and the groomer/stylist, muzzles, elastic collars, slings, straps etc. will be humanely used.
Ready to book?
Give us a call or Submit a Reservation Request Form!