Day Training at Rover Oaks Houston
Our Day Train program offers the same training experience for your dog as in our Lodge and Train program, but with the comfort of having your pup home with you in the evenings! During a Day Train program you drop off your dog in the morning and pick him/her up in the afternoon each day. We do ask that owners commit to bringing their dogs a minimum of 4-5 consecutive weekdays each week. Each day your dog will work with one of our professional trainers and will be sent home with a progress report, which includes "homework" for owners to practice each evening to help successfully transfer their dog's training to them at home.
- 2-week Day Train Program: Your pet will learn Sit, Down, Stay, Recall, and Loose Leash Walking. This program starts at $1,300 (includes 10 days of training, a one-hour transfer lesson and a complimentary bath in the doggie spa).
- 3-week Day Train Program: Your pet will learn Sit, Down, Stay, Recall, Loose Leash Walking, Leave It and Place. This program starts at $2,050 (includes 15 days of training, a one-hour transfer lesson and a complimentary bath in the doggie spa).
- 4-week Day Train Program: To strengthen behaviors learned in weeks 1 – 3, we start adding distractions. This program starts at $2,750 (includes 20 days of training, a one-hour transfer lesson and a complimentary bath in the doggie spa).
- Custom Lodge & Train: In addition to the important skills mentioned above, some dogs have particular behavior problems or need more work in specific areas. Our expert trainers are happy to create a Custom Lodge & Train program designed around the individual needs of you and your dog.
- No Jumping Day Train Program: Problems with your dog jumping? You're not alone! We've created a special training program at Rover Oaks that specifically addresses unwanted jumping. Our Jumping Day Train program focuses on training behaviors geared specifically toward curbing unwanted jumping up and encouraging polite and calm behavior when greeting people. Our trainers then recreate practice scenarios that owners and their dogs are likely to encounter, including: greeting many different people on a walk, greeting guests coming in the door, going to "place" and more. We offer a 2-week, 3-week and 4-week No Jumping Day Train program.
- Potty Training (add-on): This program combines potty training with important early puppy training and socialization. During your puppy's daily stay with us, our training experts will focus on not only potty and crate training, but also crucial socialization with people and other dogs. Plus, basic puppy manners and simple obedience commands. Potty training is available through our Day Train program only and cannot be added to a Lodge & Train program. Day Train clients may add this on to their Day Train program for $250 per week.
- Socialization Training (add-on):This program is designed for dogs that are not aggressive, but either too young or need a slower approach to entering into group play. This is run by the training department and group play is carefully and closely supervised by our professional training staff. If we determine that group play is not going to be a viable option for your dog, we will discontinue the socialization and call you. Day Train clients may add this on to their Day Train program for $300 per week.
Get Your Pet Started Today! Fill Out Our Training Questionnaire:
Contact Our Training Team
Please contact our Training Team at (713) 662-2119 if you have any questions or would like to register for any program. To help us understand how we can best help you and your dog, please fill out our Training Questionnaire and a member of our training team will contact you to discuss the best options for you and your pet! General questions? Click here to send our Training Team a message!
Voted Best Training Program
by Houston Pet Talk, Citysearch, Bellaire Examiner, Insider Pages and Katy Rancher
“We couldn't be happier with the staff and training we've received from Rover Oaks! My husband and I just completed our fourth round of obedience classes, and we are still amazed at the knowledge our trainer has shared with us.”
— Chris-Ann N.
“We had a great experience with puppy training and decided to expand and give a one-week Lodge & Learn a try while we were on vacation. Our pup, Josie, had a great time, learned a lot and was well cared for. We will definitely be back!”
— Mindy C.
“What a wonderful experience for our Doxie and ourselves. We chose to do a Lodge & Learn as we were on vacation out of the country for three weeks. They sent videos and pictures so we were able to see him while we were away. We came back to a beautifully trained, happy and healthy doggie. Well done!”
— Robin L.